Painting a Ceiling with Ease
If you are thinking of painting a ceiling and are no pro, you’ve landed in the right place. Before getting into technicalities, what you must know is to never paint a ceiling in dark colors such as mauve. If you still do, make sure to paint it back to any neutral shade before selling your place. Other than that always select a matte finish of paint for ceilings, nobody likes a glossy ceiling.
Tip No. 1: Select tools
First and foremost is the selection of right tools that are both easy to use and save time both on painting and clean up. Here’s what you need:
- Tarps, minimum 2
- Home Right Quick Painter Edge Painter
- Home Right Paint Stick EZ Twist
- Paint, preferably with zero VOCs
- Home Right Steam Machine (optional)
Tip No. 2: Selecting Paint
It is necessary to choose a good high-quality paint so as to limit the number of coats as well as avoid bad paint smell left around. No VOCs in a paint identify that there will be no toxic fumes emitted after application and is not a health hazard to anyone.
- Before painting the ceiling, you need to follow the following steps:
- Clear out the room.
- Get rid of fixtures and repair holes.
- Cover the floor with tarp corner to corner.